Recipes and Health Benefits
Celery Juice is rich in both potassium and sodium making it an excellent choice for both weight loss and and after exercising. The following
recipes make lovely sweet salty drinks which hit the spot if you're
Celery, Apple, Broccoli, and Lemon Juice recipe
This green juice is delicious sweetened with apples. Add broccoli for a nutritional boost and lemon for a spash of zing.
Apple and Celery Juice
- 3 stalks of celery
- 3 apples
- 1 stem broccoli (optional)
- 1/2 lemon (optional)
How To Make
- Wash the fruit and vegetables using water and a stiff vegetable brush. Keep the leaves on the celery.
- Core the apples.
- Cut the peel off the lemon - some people like to leave this on but I find this makes the juice too bitter.
- Slice the fruit and vegetables to fit your juicer.
- Juice and enjoy.
Celery Juice recipe with Carrot and Apple
Celery isn't a juice that I drink on its own. It's lovely mixed with carrot and apple juice.
Celery Juice with Carrots and Apple
- 4 stalks of celery
- 2 large carrots
- 1 large apple
How To Make
- Wash the fruit and vegetables using water and a stiff vegetable
brush. Keep the leaves on the celery, but remove the carrot tops.
- Core the apple.
- Slice to fit your juicer.
- Juice and enjoy.
Tip: If you have a sweet tooth, or are making this for children then just use 1 stalk of celery.
Health Benefits of Celery
Some of the many health benefits of celery include:
- A rich source of sodium and potassium the juice of celery makes an
excellent electrolyte replacement drink, ideal for both dieters and to
rehydrate the body after a hard work out.
- Calming and stress releasing - lowers blood pressure.
- Contains coumarin compounds that are said to have anti-cancer properties, and may help migraines.
- A natural diuretic, helping to flush toxins from the body.
Nutritional Value of Celery
Good source of Folic Acid and Vitamin A with smaller amounts of Vitamin C and the B complex vitamins.
Particularly high in Potassium and Sodium celery juice also contains calcium, carotene, magnesium, phosphorus and silicon.
4 large 12" (30cm) stalks of celery contains approximately 40 calories.
If you'd like more raw celery nutrition facts go to the USDA National Nutrient Database and enter "raw celery" into the search box.
Best Juicer for Celery
All juicers find celery easy to juice, in fact it could have been
designed with the juicing in mind. Slice into long thin strips for easy
A centrifugal juicer will do a fine job, and a masticating juicer such as the Samson juice will do an even better one.
Masticating juicers yield more juice, and are generally easier to
clean, while centrifugal juicers have the advantage of being cheaper and
Like more information? Visit my Best Juicer page
to learn mor
more Juice recipes
Like more recipes? "The Juice Suggester - Juice Recipe Software" might be just what you need!
keep in touch
juicy sprout newsletter
This free seasonal newsletter is
delivered quarterly, straight to your INBOX. It covers all new and updated pages
since the last issue. Sign up here...
Don't worry -- your e-mail address is totally secure. I promise to use it only to send the JuicySprout News.