Lemon Juice Recipe
Health Benefits of Lemons & Nutrition Facts
Lemon juice is very cleansing, in fact I often clean my sink with it!
Many raw food enthusiasts enjoy a glass of water with lemon juice on
I often add freshly squeezed lemon juice to apple and carrot juices to
give them a lovely zing, and it's brilliant in green smoothies where it
cuts through the green taste and turns them an amazing bright green.
Easy Lemon Juice Recipe
Lemon juice is said to have an alkalizing your body. I like to drink it through a straw to protect my teeth!
Caution: While lemon juice can be highly beneficial it's not advisable to drink lemon juice if your stomach or intestines are inflamed.
How To Make
- Cut the lemon in half.
- Juice the lemon using a manual citrus juicer, or simply squeeze out as much juice as you can with your hands.
- Add to a glass of pure water.
Carrot and Lemon Juice Recipe
I love the extra zing that lemon brings to the smooth sweet carrot juice.
Carrot and Lemon Juice
How To Make
- Wash the carrots, and chop to fit your juicer.
- Chop the peel off the lemon.
- Juice and enjoy.
Tip: If your lemon's organic and wax free then you can also juice the peel. Give it a good scrub first.
Easy Healthy Lemonade Recipe
- Tablespoon of raw honey or agave nectar
- Natural sparkling water
- Half a lemon
How To Make
- Juice the lemon.
- Mix the lemon and honey.
- Add the sparkling water, or use still if you prefer.
- Serve over ice.
For an alternative recipe that uses fresh homemade apple juice as the sweetener go to my Apple Lemonade Recipe page.
health Benefits of lemon juice
Many of the benefits of lemons are lost or reduced if lemons are
heated, so for maximum benefits eat or drink them fresh and raw!
The many benefits of raw lemons include:
- Richest source of vitamin C of all the citrus fruits.
- Naturally antiseptic and anti-bacterial.
- Cleans the blood.
- Strengthens weak blood vessels.
- Home remedy for colds and flu, sore throats, coughs, asthma, and bronchitis.
- Rich in bioflavonoids, lemon juice is an excellent
anti-oxidant, and as part of a healthy diet will help protect against
heart disease, cancer, viruses and allergies.
Click here for the pros and cons of lemon peel
- An excellent source or vitamin C.
- A good source of B-complex vitamins.
Lemons are a good source of:
- 100g of lemon juice has 25 calories
- The juice from half a lemon has a mere 6 calories.
For more nutrition facts go to the USDA National Nutrient Database and enter "raw lemon juice" into the search box.
keep in touch
juicy sprout newsletter
This free seasonal newsletter is
delivered quarterly, straight to your INBOX. It covers all new and updated pages
since the last issue. Sign up here...
Don't worry -- your e-mail address is totally secure. I promise to use it only to send the JuicySprout News.