My Favourite Green Smoothie Recipe for Spring
Disclosure: I may receive commissions for purchases made through links on this page at no extra cost to you.
In the cold dark winter months when the weather is freezing outside I
have a great desire of ginger, and love to add large chunks of ginger
root to my fresh juices and smoothies.
Then joyfully spring arrives, days lengthen, birds begin to sing, and
the sun shines brighter and deliciously warm. So lovely after those
long winter months.
The arrival of the warm spring weather causes my desire for ginger to vanish overnight.
I'm left wondering just what to add to my green smoothies to make them taste extra delicious.
And this is what I do...
Green Smoothie Recipe for a Joyful Spring
- 3 oranges
- 1 or 2 ripe bananas
- 4 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 10 soaked almonds
- 1 heaped teaspoon of shelled hemp seed (optional)
- 20 frozen blueberries
How To Make
- Halve the oranges and remove any visible pips. The pips aren't
poisonous but they taste bitter and are tricky to blend. Next use a
grapefruit knife to cut round the oranges and add the juicy orange flesh
to the blender.
- Peel, slice and add the banana.
- Next add the soaked almonds, and the hemp seed if using.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add the frozen blueberries. I like to add them one at a time while the motor is running.
- Blend again and enjoy in the spring sunshine.
I love baby spinach in smoothies, it is so sweet and tasty. Spinach is heavily sprayed so buy organic if you can.