Best Masticating Juicer
Disclosure: I may receive commissions for purchases made through links on this page at no extra cost to you.
Masticating juicers use a slow turning motor with an auger and drum to crush the juice out of fruit, vegetables, and wheatgrass.
If you live in the U.K . like me I recommend the Matstone 6 in 1 Juicer. And if your based in North America the Omega J8009 is a popular choice with excellent reviews.
Advantages of Masticating Juicers
- Beautiful and quiet. The Matstone is a beautiful machine that purrs like a cat - resulting in one very happy husband! He really hated the noise of my budget centrifugal juicer first thing in the morning.
- Makes super healthy juice, as the slow turning motor crushes the juice gently out of the fruit and vegetables at a low temperature and without adding lots of oxygen.
- Easy to clean. There is still a small mesh filter to clean, but with no sharp parts it's much easier to clean than the large mesh screens on centrifugal models.
- Juice wheatgrass and leafy greens beautifully.
- While juices are best drunk fresh, the gentle crushing action of masticating juicers minimizes oxidation and enables juice to be kept for up to 48 hours with minimal loss of nutrition.
- Can be used to make sorbets, banana ice-cream, and to grind seeds.
- Come with long guarantees on motors. For example: The Matstone 6 in 1 (a.k.a Samson) comes with a 5 years guarantee on all parts and labor, and a 10 years guarantee on the motor.
Disadvantages of Masticating Juicers
- Large and heavy, so you need to have the space to give them pride of place on your kitchen counter.
- Make the juice slower.
- Fruit and vegetables need to be chopped up.
- Cost more initially - but last longer.
Return from Best Masticating Juicer to Best Juicer
Go to Home Page